<< back to resources list
Thank you buying your new eyewear from us – you have just taken delivery of a superb pair of spectacles made to the highest standards using the best lenses available. Modern lenses are truly a feat of scientific engineering so it is worthwhile making sure you are looking after them properly.
Always use the cleaning solution we recommend and a clean micro fibre cloth to clean your lenses (wash it regularly without fabric softner as this leaves a residue on the lens). The solution is specially formulated not to craze, erode or cause other damage to your lenses which some cleaning agents can. The micro fibre cloth is designed to shave the grease and dirt off the lens without scratching.
To make sure your spectacles provide you with years of comfortable wear, follow our simple guide to daily care:
- Keep your glasses in a case when you're not wearing them.
- Use both hands to put on and take off your glasses. This will help them to keep their shape.
- Clean lenses with the recommended polishing cloth and solution, and do hold both sides of the frame rim when polishing your lenses.
- Rinse the lenses in cold or luke warm water before cleaning if they have sand or dust on them.
- Visit us for a periodic adjustment check. This will ensure a comfortable fit - and no slipping down your nose.
- Rest your glasses with the lenses facing downwards.
- Clean your glasses by holding them by the bridge or side pieces.
- Use hot water or anti-bacterial soap as this will disfigure the lens coatings.
- Leave them on the car dashboard. Excessive heat crazes the coatings
- Tuck your glasses into your pocket or handbag where they can be damaged by keys, loose change, pens or just get crushed.
- 'Wear' your glasses on the top of your head. They'll get pulled out of shape, and the inside of the lenses/coatings will get scratched.
- Allow make-up, cosmetics or perspiration to build up on your frames or lenses. Wash the frame with warm soapy water, in particular the parts that are in contact with delicate skin, such as where they rest on your nose or touch behind your ears.
- Let anyone else try your glasses on. They're adjusted for your face. Letting someone else try them can disturb the fit.
SOME FINAL HOT TIPS
Hair sprays and perfumes can leave residues on lenses so always keep your new spectacles well away when you are using them.
If your spectacles do get damaged never try and effect a repair yourself, always bring them into us for examination and repair, and finally why not drop in occasionally so we can ultrasonically clean your spectacles to keep them looking as good as new.